Thursday, March 27, 2014

I smile because I'm thankful

I choose to be thankful everyday. To see the good in what I have, and see the opportunities in the challenges I face.  For it is the entirety of my life experiences - the good, bad, and mediocre - that have made me who I am today. I am learning to enjoy the flow of life as it comes. To immerse myself in the sea of life and allow the waves to envelop me as they may.  When the waves are rough, I'm empowered to fight harder. When the waves are calm, I take a deep breath and relax. As I go through each experience, I am being shaped. I improve and become stronger, more flexible and adept to deal with life.  I'm learning through the turmoil, so that I become more appreciative of the serenity and lull of a quiet day.  
I become more aware and conscious for the little things in my life. I am thankful for each experience. I garner further appreciation for the small miracles of life. The stillness of piercing silence becomes like a warm ray of light in this tumultuous world. The more thankful that I am, the greater at peace that I am with my surroundings. The more gratitude I have for the people in my life. I allow life to inspire me rather than to rule me. I honor different experiences and allow them to mold and perfect who I am. I don't hide from adversity, and I don't blindly pursue an idealistic sense of happiness. I just choose to live in the moment as it is given to me by universe. 
As I smile, breathe, and give thanks, I open myself to receive life's experiences. I find peace in unexpected places. I find gratitude in miniscule moments. Everyday I give thanks and I embrace life, so that I may gracefully move through it as it magically unfolds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment